Thursday, February 14, 2008

SXSW 2008

It's that time of year again. The list of showcasing artists has been released

Here are 20 musical acts that I hope to see:

Birds Of Avalon (Raliegh NC)
Black Moth Super Rainbow (Pittsburgh PA)
Black Mountain (Vancouver BC)
Blitzen Trapper (Portland OR)
The Breeders (Los Angeles CA)-- *Mess With Texas Show
Centro-matic (Denton TX)
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip (London UK)
Dr. Dog (Philadelphia PA)
Earlimart (Los Angeles CA)
Holy Fuck (Toronto ON)
My Morning Jacket (Louisville KY)
No Age (Los Angeles CA)
Jay Reatard (Memphis TN)
Rogue Wave (Oakland CA)
Rotary Downs (New Orleans LA)
The Spinto Band (Wilmington DE)
Tapes 'n Tapes (Minneapolis MN)
Times New Viking (Columbus OH)
Toddle (Tokyo JAPAN)
Yo La Tengo (Hoboken NJ)

Full list here.

Who are you excited to see?

Also, There's a new process for getting wristbands this year.

3 comments:

suealex said...

Dolly Parton and Tilly & the Wall!!!

suealex said...

And REM, Wussy, Bobby Bare Jr., The Concretes, Eagle Seagull, Yo La Tengo and Wild Sweet Orange. And maybe Mostly Bears, because I really like that name.

Will I actually get to see any of these bands? Probably not. But here's my list nonetheless.

Unknown said...

Breeders, My Morning Jacket, Rogue Wave, Rotary Downs, The Spinto Band, Yo La Tengo... I think I'll see you at those shows. In addition to that, Nada Surf, Lemonheads, Portastatic, and Fivehead!
-ai